In the past 20 years, RLF has worked with donors and partners to advance environmental achievements that include:
- Enabling protection of more than five million acres of land across the American West and Mexico.
- Leading efforts that generated over $30 billion in new public funding for water, land, climate resilience, equitable parks access, and ocean conservation with increasing spending in urban and disadvantaged communities.
- Partnering with California to protect nearly 17 percent of the state’s offshore waters.
- Brokering landmark renewable energy development policy for the American West.
- Conducting extensive public outreach and education in Montana to create more diverse and stable funding sources for state parks.
- Convening coalitions that are leading environmental and climate justice policy reform at the state and local levels.
- Collaborating to transform retired commercial salt ponds along San Francisco Bay into long-term, multi-billion-dollar, regional climate resilience strategy.
- Driving policy and public outreach effort that led to California passing historic legislation to sustainably manage its groundwater extraction.
- Supporting 50-plus commercial fisheries worldwide in achieving sustainability certification.